FAQs / General Policies
By ordering from this site, you the visitor agrees to all of the below. These General Policies may change at any time without notice. Please check these general policies before each order to make sure you are aware of our most recent policies.
Last updated August 4, 2012
Within the United States only, shipping by Twisted's choice of method is free for overs over $100. Wheels, floor looms, and other items over 20 lbs are NOT eligible for free shipping. Otherwise, shipping charges are generated from an electronic quote provided by the USPS based on the order's weight.
Orders placed before 8pm Pacific Time will be shipped on the first business morning following the placement of the order. We cannot accept responsibility for items lost or damaged in shipping.
Approximate time lines:
Domestic parcel post: 2-10 business days depending on your distance from Portland, OR
Domestic first class: 2-4 business days depending on your distance from Portland, OR
Domestic priority mail: average of 2-3 business days
Domestic express mail: overnight delivery to most locations. Find the guaranteed delivery time from the USPS here. Please note this is in addition to our in-store handling time line above.
Delivery times for international mail depend on the destination.
WHAT DOES "BETA" MEAN?
Beta means that this web store is in its first version and we are still working to improve and finalize it. It may still have minor quirks and undocumented features. If you happen to find one of these, please feel free to let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
QUANTITY IN STOCK
Quantities listed as in stock are accurate to the best of our knowledge. They reflect the actual number of skeins we believe to be in our brick and mortar store in Portland, Oregon. Unfortunately, it is an unpleasant fact of retail that occasionally products sprout legs and wander out the door without being recorded in our sales system. Thus, our listed available inventory quantity may be wrong. In addition, it is possible that a web customer and an in-store customer or two web customers may purchase an item at the exact same time. If we are unable to fill your order as submitted for any reason, we will contact you as soon as possible. By placing an order, you agree to this and to working with us and our best, reasonable, efforts to resolve the problem.
Damaged, defective, or faulty merchandise may be returned, of course - please call us at 503-922-1150 or email email@example.com. We will usually need to see a photo of the defect or have it shipped back to us in order to issue a refund. This is so that we can provide proper feedback to the manufacturer. Twisted will pay for any shipping costs, either direction, associated with replacing damaged merchandise. Please do not ship back items without contacting us first!
There are no returns on clearance items, books, patterns, magazines, needles, hooks, wound yarn, or used/opened merchandise. We are strict about this to protect authors' copyrights and to ensure we offer all our customers the very highest quality of brand new products. Thank you for understanding.
Other items in new condition may be exchanged for STORE CREDIT ONLY within 60 days. We do not offer cash refunds for exchanges. We do not pay for shipping charges in either direction for exchanges. Shipping charges for exchanged merchandise are the customer's responsibility.
SPEAKING TRUTH TO YARN
- Industry standard is that several breaks or knots is acceptable in an average skein or ball of yarn.
- Gauge is important – do a gauge swatch before knitting your project. We cannot be held responsible if a customer uses the wrong needles or get the wrong gauge.
- All monitors are different – colors are rendered to the best of our ability, but we cannot be responsible for color differences between monitors or between skeins.
- Superwash yarns tend to grow when washed. They tend to snap back when put in the drier briefly. Non-superwash wools tend to shrink or felt if washed improperly. We cannot be responsible for either, or for improper care in general.
- Many hand painted, hand dyed and other yarns tend to bleed. Color may come off on the knitter’s needles, hands, and in the water the first several times they are washed. This is normal and out of our control.
- Single ply yarns, while gorgeous, are by their nature not as strong as plied yarns. They are more prone to breaking and, when within reason, this is normal and not under our control.
GENERAL ACTS OF GOD
Twisted is not and cannot be held responsible for shipping delays, weather, and other acts of God out side of our control.
By ordering from this site, you the visitor agrees to all of the above. These General Policies may change at any time without notice. Please check these general policies before each order to make sure you are aware of our most recent policies.
Last updated August 4, 2012